Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 20 2008

So we got the kids DVD's and watched the sesame street one. Not bad, Kaleb was entertained and it wasn't too cheesy. We haven't watched Mr. Poe yet but it looks pretty tacky so I guess we'll see.

Wanted to let everyone know there's a new book called 'Military Spouse Finance Guide: Financial Advice for the Homefront'. An Army program has some free copies so hurry and request one at familyprograms@ausa.org, if they're gone you can purchase copies from Amazon. I've read a lot of these types of books in the past and they're a quick, easy read, and have some very valuable ($$) information in them! I highly recommend them even if you just skim the few chapters that you think will benefit your family. I requested the book this morning and they already responded to say that it would be shipped today.

You can get a free blue star flag (to represent a deployed family member) here http://www.grantham.edu/promo/freebluestar.php

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

YAY!! Thanks for following my blog and being my 100th follower, you're awesome!!
Kelsey

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Kimberly-

Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog. It is always nice to hear from readers. My husband used to be a naval officer and I know all too well about deployments. I was pretty lucky that he went on a shore tour one year after we were married and taught at Duke and UNC while he got his Masters. Then he left the Navy. He went to the Naval Academy so we still have that connection which is nice. I know it sounds crazy, but I sometimes miss that life.
If you have to be somewhere Hawaii is not too shabby. We have good friends (Navy) who live in Kailua. We visited them a few years ago and they took us to the Kaneohe Marine Corp base. The housing there was beautiful. It would be hard to leave.
Your family is adorable and I hope that your seperations from your hubby go by quickly.
My best - Diane